Iran condemns Israeli attack at Al-Aqsa mosque
The Iranian Foreign Ministry has strongly condemned Israeli forces’ attack at the Al-Aqsa mosque compound during the holy month of Ramadan, which left more than 100 Palestinians wounded.
Iran’s Foreign Minister Hossein Amir Abdollahian said the incident is a sign of “the liveliness and glory of the heroic and brave resistance by Palestinian people and Israelis’ desperation,” the Ministry said on its website on Friday.
Amir Abdollahian made the remarks in a phone conversation with Ismail Haniyeh, the politburo chief of the Islamic Resistance Movement (Hamas), Xinhua news agency reported.
The Iranian top diplomat also highlighted the necessity of putting an end to Israel’s “hostile moves against Palestinians”.
Iran’s Foreign Ministry Spokesman Saeed Khatibzadeh said the Israeli forces’ actions “violated international law and human rights,” according to the Ministry’s website.
Earlier on Friday, Palestinian health officials said more than 100 Palestinians were injured after being attacked by Israeli forces.
The attacks are frequently being witnessed in the West Bank and East Jerusalem during Ramadan.
In 2021, attacks in Jerusalem led to an 11-day conflict between Israel and the Gaza Strip.
Free Press Kashmir is now on Telegram. Click here to Join.
FPK Android App for 2G. Click here to Download.