Jammu & Kashmir

Tragic wedding: Teenager dies from generator smoke, 4 others hospitalised in Ramban

Posted on

An inside view of Poonch Ramban. [File Photo]

Doda: An 18-year-old boy lost his life, and four others were hospitalised after inhaling fumes from a generator during a wedding celebration in the Dedha area of Gool, Ramban, Jammu and Kashmir.

According to officials, the victim, identified as Mohammad Tariq of Dedha, lost his life due to suffocation caused by smoke emitted from a generator in the room. The generator, seemingly a source of power for the celebration, ended up becoming a silent peril for the attendees.

One official told Kashmir News Observer 
that four others have been hospitalised and are undergoing treatment. “They were at a wedding ceremony when the incident happened,” he said.

The official further elaborated that the group was unsuspectingly exposed to the lethal smoke as they slept, unaware of the danger that lurked within the confines of the room.

Click to comment

Most Popular

© 2024 Free Press Kashmir. All rights reserved.

Exit mobile version