Fire breaks out at Sarah city centre, tragedy averted
Srinagar: A minor fire broke out at the Sarah City Centre Mall here on Wednesday.
However, a tragedy in the making was averted by the quick response of fire officials.
According to eye witnesses, the fire broke out in the building around 4:30 pm and engulfed the electrical section of the Sarah City Centre.
The smoke quickly spread to other parts of the building which added more chaos among the visitors who were present in the building.
The Sarah city centre is located in the heart of the city, accommodating various industrial offices, clothing shops and restaurants.
Officials from the department of fire service, while talking to FreePressKashmir said that “we got a call about the fire breaking out at Sarah City Centre. When we reached the spot, smoke had covered the whole area, but as soon we reached, we quickly started our job, thus averting what could have become a major fire incident”, said a fire official.
One of the shop owners in the Sarah City Centre said, “It was terrifying, for us. But thankfully, quick action of the fire officials and cooperation from the people saved the day.”
The reason of the fire is believed to be a short circuit in the electric portion of the building.