Srinagar: Declaring the last Friday of the month of Ramzan to be celebrated as Palestine and Kashmir day, the Joint Resistance Leadership (JRL) comprising, Syed Ali Geelani, Mirwaiz Dr. Mohammad Umar Farooq and Mohammad Yaseen Malik made an appeal to the ‘freedom loving people’ of Jammu and Kashmir to lend their full support to their resolution.
The resolution states:
1. This grand congregation resolves that the world community should rise to the occasion to solve the festering human issue of Palestine and Kashmir and help curb the atrocities perpetrated on the people of both these regions of the world.
2. This congregation fervently appeals the OIC to bar the nefarious designs of Israel for its illegitimate occupation of Masjid Aqsa.
3. This congregation resolves that the UNO should fulfill its commitment to solve the Kashmir issue in accordance with its agreed resolutions.
4. This congregation appeals world community to take serious note of the rule of oppression and suppression and gross human rights violations at the hands of Indian occupation forces. The prevailing state of absolute lawlessness in Jammu and Kashmir has rendered the civil liberty, honour and dignity of the general public as highly vulnerable. People on one pretext or the other, get killed, maimed and incarcerated on fabricated grounds and languish in jails without any trail and justice.
5. This congregation pays rich tributes to all the martyrs of our freedom movement and pledge to carry the ongoing movement for right to self-determination to its logical conclusion.
6. This congregation condemns the vile acts of state terrorism perpetrated on the people of Kashmir by the Indian occupation forces.