Jammu & Kashmir

Health employee electrocuted to death while hoisting flag during August 15 function in JK’s Kathua

Posted on

National flag of India. [File Photo]

Kathua: A 40-year-old National Health Mission (NHM) employee was electrocuted to death while hoisting the national flag of India in Kathua division of Jammu, sources said.

Identifying the deceased as Pawan Kumar, they told Global News Service that the employee received a strong electric jolt at Hiranagar in Hariya Chak area. The official confirmation of the incident is however awaited.

A similar incident was also reported in Madhya Pradesh’s Khargone district on Sunday when a 45-year-old man died of electrocution while putting up a tricolor in a shop.

The incident took place in Narmada Road area under Barwaha police station limits, some 80 km from the district headquarters, reports said.

The man, identified as Mohan Patel, died while he was putting up the national flag of India on an iron rod that came in contact with a power supply line on the roof of a building housing the grocery shop, reports said quoting Barwaha police station in-charge Prakash Vaskale.

He worked as an employee at the grocery shop, owned by local resident Ashok Khandelwal. The police have registered a case and further investigation is underway.

 

Free Press Kashmir is now on Telegram. Click here to Join.
FPK Android App for 2G. Click here to Download.

Click to comment

Most Popular

© 2022 Free Press Kashmir. All rights reserved.

Exit mobile version