Jammu & Kashmir

Health employee electrocuted to death while hoisting flag during August 15 function in JK’s Kathua

National flag of India. [File Photo]

Kathua: A 40-year-old National Health Mission (NHM) employee was electrocuted to death while hoisting the national flag of India in Kathua division of Jammu, sources said.

Identifying the deceased as Pawan Kumar, they told Global News Service that the employee received a strong electric jolt at Hiranagar in Hariya Chak area. The official confirmation of the incident is however awaited.

A similar incident was also reported in Madhya Pradesh’s Khargone district on Sunday when a 45-year-old man died of electrocution while putting up a tricolor in a shop.

To Top