Conflict

No mention of JeM Chief Azhar in Indian dossier regarding Pulwama attack: Pakistan

Pakistan on Thursday said that the Indian dossier regarding the Pulwama attack has no mention of Jaish-e-Mohammad chief Masood Azhar.

JeM had claimed the responsibility of the February 14 attack in which 49 CRPF personnel were killed.

According to a report in the Dawn, The Foreign Office of Pakistan told foreign diplomats that India’s allegation that Pakistan-based elements were involved in the Pulwama attack could not be corroborated by the dossier sent by New Delhi in February.

Foreign Office Spokesperson Dr Mohammad Faisal told the diplomats that India had sent a dossier comprising six parts spread over 91 pages, out of which only parts two and three were related to the Pulwama incident. The others, he said, contained “generalised allegations”.

He also said that the dossier made no mention of Masood Azhar, the chief of Jaish-e-Mohammad, the organisation which allegedly claimed responsibility for the attack.

The spokesperson further said that no militant camps had been found on the 22 locations pointed out by India, and offered access to these places on a request by request basis.

Earlier, it was reported that Pakistan while rejecting the Indian dossier regarding the Pulwama attack said the initial information shared by that country regarding the alleged involvement of Pakistan-based elements in the attack could not substantiate the imputation, and offered to examine any fresh proof — whenever it is available.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

To Top