In a Parliament session, Defence Minister of India Rajnath Singh on Thursday said that Chinese armed forces personnel are obstructing the patrolling of Indian armed forces personnel at Line of Actual Control (LAC) in Ladakh.
While replying to a question raised by the former Defence Minister of India AK Antony, Singh said that Chinese intrusion on the Indian side is the reason for the face-off between the armies of two countries.
Defence Minister also said that China attempted to change the status quo along the LAC with its provocative military manoeuvres late last month and that there is a mismatch between what Beijing says and does.
Making a statement on the situation in eastern Ladakh in Rajya Sabha, the minister said India wants a peaceful solution to the boundary issue, but will not “shy away” from any action required to defend the sovereignty of the country.
While the two sides were engaged in diplomatic and military dialogues, Singh said the “Chinese side again engaged in provocative military manoeuvres on the night of August 29 and 30, in an attempt to change the status quo in the South Bank area of Pangong Lake”.
“But yet again, timely and firm actions by our armed forces along the LAC prevented such attempts from succeeding.
Free Press Kashmir is now on Telegram. Click here to Join.