Palestinian death toll in the Israeli bombardment has surpassed 11,000 people, the Health Ministry in Gaza said on Friday.
The ministry said that 11,078 people had been killed since Israel began genocide on October 7, following a retaliatory attack on Israel against decades long occupational crimes.
The deaths include 4,506 children, the ministry’s statement said, adding that 21 hospitals had gone out of service and 47 health centers were out of services.
Meanwhile, thousands of Palestinians streamed onto Gaza’s only highway Friday, fleeing the war zone in the north.
Amid an intensifying campaign of airstrikes and ground battles in Gaza City, the search for safety in the besieged enclave has grown increasingly desperate. Tens of thousands have walked south, where they face the prospect of ongoing bombardment and dire conditions. Others have crowded into and around hospitals, sleeping in operating rooms and wards.