Jammu & Kashmir

Gas leak incident kills teenager in Kupwara, says police

Kupwara: A teenager died due to severe burn injuries, which she received during a cooking gas leakage incident, on Monday afternoon in Chakk Warnow area of this north Kashmir district.

The girl, according to reports, was doing household chores when the incident took place.

The girl, as per a family member, was immediately rushed to Sub-District Hospital Kupwara wherefrom she was referred to SKIMS Srinagar for further treatment. However, as per family member, the teenager later succumbed to the injuries.

Confirming the fatality, SHO Police Station Kuligam, Manzoor Ahmad told news agency GNS that the girl had received serious burn injuries in a gas leakage incident while the teenager was cooking meals.


Free Press Kashmir is now on Telegram. Click here to Join.
FPK Android App for 2G. Click here to Download.

Click to comment
To Top