Jammu & Kashmir

Woman dies after consuming ‘poisonous’ grass in central Kashmir’s Kangan

Ganderbal: A 24-year-old woman died on Thursday after she consumed the leaves of ‘poisonous’ grass in central Kashmir’s Kanagan area of Ganderbal district.

Local sources said that the woman, a resident of Tangdaji Hayen village of Kangan, was reaping grass to feed her cattle. They said the grass which is locally known as ‘Bota Ghasa’ is usually being reaped to feed the cattle after separating poisonous stuff from it.

The woman after consuming some leaves of the grass started vomiting and was subsequently taken to Sub-District Hospital Kangan where doctors referred her to SKIMS for specialized treatment.

At SKIM, the woman died during the afternoon hours. Officials said that the post-mortem of the woman is being conducted and further details will be shared later on.


Free Press Kashmir is now on Telegram. Click here to Join.
FPK Android App for 2G. Click here to Download.

Click to comment
To Top