Jammu & Kashmir

Sarpanches among competent authority to issue permission for construction in JK villages

A wide view of an under construction house in Kashmir. [FPK Photo/ Qayoom Khan]

Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir administration on Saturday designated Sarpanchs as the competent authority to issue permissions for the construction of residential houses in rural areas of Jammu and Kashmir.

As per the order issued by JK Admin, Panchayat Secretary (VLW) and Patwari Halqa will be members of this committee.

Furthermore, for the construction of commercial buildings in rural areas, the Sub Divisional Magistrate (SDM) is now the competent authority to issue permissions. The committee will include concerned Tehsildar, Town Planning Officer, BDO and Sarpanch of Halqa Panchayat.

“In exercise of powers conferred by Section 12 sub section 2 (iv) of Jammu and Kashmir Panchayati Raj Act, 1989 read with Rule 155 & 156 of J&K Panchayati Raj Rules, 1996, as amended from time to time, sanction is hereby accorded to the designation of competent authority for grant of permission for construction/re-construction/alteration of residential/ commercial buildings in rural areas of J&K,” reads the order.

As per the order for permission of residential buildings within the Panchayat jurisdiction, Sarpanch, Panchayat Secretary (VLW) and Patwari halqa are the competent authority or part of the committee.

For the construction of permission of commercial buildings including shops and government buildings, SDM is the chairman of the committee while Tehsildar concerned, town planning officer concerned, BDO concerned and Sarpanch of halqa panchayat are members of the committee.


Free Press Kashmir is now on Telegram. Click here to Join.
FPK Android App for 2G. Click here to Download.

Click to comment
To Top