Jammu & Kashmir

22-year-old dies of electrocution while installing Muharram banner in central Kashmir

Mourners hoisting a flag during Muharram procession near Dal lake in Srinagar. [FPK File Photo/Vikar Syed.]

Budgam: A young man died after receiving an electric shock when he was installing the Muharram banner at his house in Mirgund area of central Kashmir’s Budgam district.

The victim identified as 22-year-old Syed Ajaz Moosvi son of Syed Mustafa of Mirgund sustained burn injuries when he came in contact with a live wire passing atop his house.

Local sources said that he was shifted to District Hospital Budgam where doctors referred him to SMHS Hospital Srinagar. The victim died in Srinagar hospital due to severe burn injuries. (KNT)

To Top