Jammu & Kashmir

Man dies of electrocution while trying to save his brother in Shopian

District Hospital Shopian.

Shopian: In a tragic incident, the younger brother died of electrocution while trying to save his elder brother in Babapora village of south Kashmir’s Shopian district on Monday morning.

The deceased has been identified as Mashok Ahmed Hajam, 23, a bank employee while the condition of his brother Irfan Ahmed Hajam, 27, is stated to be stable.

Eyewitnesses told the news agency Kashmir News Trust that there is a mulberry tree in the premises of Muhammad Maqbool Hajam where from electric wire is connected to the house. His son Irfan used an iron rod to fix the electric wire on the mulberry tree.

In the process he received a shock and when his brother Mashok went to rescue him was also electrocuted and they both sustained injuries.

Mashok Ahmed died on the way to the hospital while Irfan is undergoing treatment and is stable.

Family sources said that the deceased was a bank employee while his elder brother Irfan is working in JK Bank as an ATM guard.

Police in this regard have registered a case under relevant sections of law. [KNT]

Click to comment
To Top