Jammu & Kashmir

Man dies of electric shock in Poonch’s Surankote; case filed

Man repairing power line. [FPK File Photo/ Amir Bin Rafi]

Poonch: A man died of a strong electric shock in Surankote area of Poonch district on Thursday, an official said.

The official told GNS that Mohammad Qasim, son of Khursheed Ahmad, a resident of Marhote Ward 3, was critically wounded after coming in touch with a main electricity line.

“The man was evacuated to a hospital under serious conditions, where the doctors declared him dead on arrival,” the official said.

Meanwhile, a police official has also confirmed the incident, saying further that they have registered a case in the matter for further investigations.

Click to comment
To Top