Russia’s military on Tuesday said that its forces had captured the town of Krasnopodillya in Ukraine’s eastern Donetsk region. The claim could not be independently verified, and Kyiv had not immediately confirmed it.
The Russian Defence Ministry said its forces seized the settlement during ongoing offensive operations in Donetsk. Russian state media reported the claim, while Ukrainian authorities had not immediately commented on whether Russian troops had established control of the town.
The reported capture comes as Russian forces continue their push across parts of Donetsk, one of the main areas of fighting in the war. Moscow has repeatedly announced the capture of settlements in the region, while Ukrainian officials have at times disputed such claims.
Developments are difficult to independently verify because of restrictions on access to frontline areas and competing accounts from both sides.
The latest claim comes amid continued fighting along a shifting frontline in southeastern Ukraine. Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy said last week that Ukrainian forces had retaken 745 square kilometres of territory this year. And restored control over 26 settlements across Donetsk, Dnipropetrovsk and Zaporizhzhia regions.
Independent Ukrainian open-source group DeepState has also reported Ukrainian gains in several areas.
Fighting remains intense in Donetsk, where Moscow is seeking to capture the remaining Ukrainian-held territory of the region.

