India reports 39,796 COVID cases, 723 deaths in 24 hours

New Delhi: In the last 24 hours, India recorded 39,796 COVID cases and 723 deaths, according to data from the Health Ministry of India.

As per the Ministry, there are a total of 3,05,85,229 cases in the country and as many as 2,97,00,430 people have recovered from the disease. There are 4.82 lakh active cases at present while the overall death toll has crossed 4.02 lakh.

Kerala reported 12,000 cases in the last 24 hours. Maharashtra and Kerala continue to have more than one lakh active cases. Out of the 723 deaths recorded on Sunday, Maharashtra reported over 300. The ministry said that 35,28,92,046 vaccine doses have been administered so far.

Meanwhile, as many as 6.77 crore doses, almost a fifth of all doses given since vaccinations began on January 16, have been administered across the country in just under two weeks since India returned to centralized procurement and distribution of Covid-19 vaccines, according to official data.

The 6.77 crore doses administered in the 13 days from June 21 to July 3 represents a 67 per cent increase in vaccinations over the preceding 13-day period, that is June 8-20. Daily vaccinations have averaged 52.08 lakh since June 21, compared to 31.20 lakh in the preceding 13 days, the data show.

Since June 21, the Centre has procured 75 per cent of doses from the open market and distributed them to states to be given for free to citizens above the age of 18 years. The remaining 25 per cent of the stock has been reserved for procurement by private facilities to carry out vaccinations against payment.


Free Press Kashmir is now on Telegram. Click here to Join.
FPK Android App for 2G. Click here to Download.

Click to comment
To Top