Saudi Arabia has said that the bomber who blew himself outside the US Consulate in the city of Jeddah in 2016, was an Indian national, reported the Indian Express.
The attacker Fayaz Kagzi, was identified on the basis of a DNA test.
According to the report Kagzi was an operative of the militant outfit Laskhar-e-Toiba.
“We have received confirmation from Saudi Arabian authorities that the DNA samples of Kagzi sent by us last year have matched those of the Jeddah bomber,” a security official told the Indian Express.
The Jeddah blast on July 4, 2016, which injured two security officers, was the first of three attacks to hit the kingdom that day. The other two were also in the form of blasts near a Shia mosque in Qatif and outside the Masjid-i-Nabvi in Medina.
According to sources, the National Investigation Agency has informed an NIA special court in Delhi that Kagzi, who is wanted in terror-linked cases, is dead.
Investigators believe that Kagzi, from Beed in Maharashtra, was the “mastermind” and “financier” of two blasts in Pune — at the German Bakery in 2010 and on J M Road in 2012.