Srinagar: A day after India denied any links with the recent Pakistan attack and termed Pakistan FM Shah Mehmood Qureshi’s comments as “absurd”, Pakistan PM Imran Khan claimed that he had ‘no doubt’ that India was behind the deadly attack.
While addressing a Pakistan parliament on Tuesday, Khan said; “There is no doubt that India is behind the attack that shook the stock exchange building in Karachi on Monday leaving five people – four security guards and a police officer, dead.”
Four gunmen armed with hand grenades, AK-47 rifles, magazines, and other explosive material attacked the Pakistan Stock Exchange on Monday.
Soon after the attack, Qureshi linked the attacks to India alleging that the clues discovered from the site of the attack led towards sleeper cells activated by India, international media reported.
However, on the same day, India’s External Affairs Ministry (MEA) Spokesperson Anurag Srivastava said unlike Pakistan, India has no hesitation in condemning terrorism anywhere in the world including in Karachi.
According to a report by Reuters, Khan claimed that some intelligence reports had warned Pakistan of the attacks, upon which he had duly informed the cabinet of the threat.
Khan has pitched allegations on India a day after Baloch Liberation Army (BLA), a secessionist militant group from the south-western province of Balochistan, claimed responsibility for the attack in a message on Twitter.
With this attack, BLA has marked the second attack in Karachi.
Previously, the BLA claimed a strike on the Chinese consulate in November 2018 in the city which had left four people dead.
Pakistan has regularly blamed India for funding BLA and supporting its separatist agenda.
In addition to that it has often blamed Afghanistan and Baloch Diaspora living abroad for supporting the anti-Pakistan forces. New Delhi has repeatedly denied Pakistan’s charges.
Free Press Kashmir is now on Telegram. Click here to Join.